I made a Clapotis for my mother-in-law. It was supposed to be a birthday present, but I ended up giving it to her for Christmas.
I like it. I’m glad that I paid attention to the striping, because the way the light and dark sections fall, there is definitely a macro-level stripe sequence that I’m glad is intact.
It took about 8 balls of Noro Silk Garden #224, and roughly a month to complete (not monogamous – I’m never monogamous with knitting!) The stitch ladders were a pain to work down, but I guess it wasn’t that big a deal.
I have some Lorna’s Laces Lion and Lamb in Tahoe that has been sitting around for MONTHS, at it is destined to be a clapotis for me. I can’t wait to get started on it!