MLE tagged me with the “Five Secrets About Me” meme, so here are my five secrets. I guess “secret” is a bit of a strong word, but I can’t recall mentioning any of these before.
1. My husband and I met in 6th grade social studies. Seriously. We were learning about Canada, and we had to do group projects on the various provinces. We were both assigned to the group that did Manitoba. We didn’t become friends until high school, and we didn’t start dating until right around graduation.
2. My parents still live in the same house that they lived in when I was born. My bedroom is exactly how I left it when I went off to college.
3. Not only is my mother a biology teacher, she taught in my district, and I had her in eighth grade! I wasn’t supposed to, but my original teacher got sick and they had to move some stuff around. It actually worked out fine, my sister and I are good students and my mom is really mellow.
4. I’m a packrat. It’s terrible. My stash is only one small example of how I hoard things that are or might be useful.
5. When I’m not knitting, my job is using excel to figure out how much it will cost to clean up old factories. I was an economics major and an environmental science minor, so it is all working out really well. I’m applying to law school so I can continue on this basic career track.
I can’t wait to here about your “secrets”