As I was moving my blog, I ran across posts that feature WIPs that I haven’t mentioned in awhile. Time for an update!
I made some great progress in November, but then gave up on it and never mentioned it again. Sadly, Kureyon seems too “sproingy” for a wrap like this one.
See? It just doesn’t have the drape that I would want.
I’m disappointed that it didn’t work out. I really admire all of the other Lady Es that I’ve seen in blogland, and I want one for my own. By more disappointing is that fact that I already had a kickin’ hat that matches the failed Lady E.
I finished this hat in November, and I’ve been wearing it all winter. I haven’t posted about it, because I wanted to model them both together. That and I’ve been meaning to write up the pattern, but I forgot exactly what I did. I’ll figure it out, and post the pattern before it’s hat weather again. I plan to try again in Silk Garden. After using it for a Clapotis for my MIL, I think it would be great for Lady E.
Sweater for my Mom:
Oof. I’ve been fiddling around with this forever. I’m using Manos in “Flame,” an absolutely gorgeous range of reds.
I’m not quite sure what I’ll do yet. I need to do something really nice to allow this great yarn to shine the way it deserves to.
Red Light Special:
I realized that I accidentally skipped a row, and I can’t bring myself to tink back just yet. It’s stalled in a relatively early stage.
Clapotis is coming along, slowly.
I’m actually satisfied with my progress. I’m enjoying the process of knitting with Lion and Lamb so much that I’m not in any great hurry to get it done. I work on it when I want something soothing, and blue, and beautiful.
I detached the arms this weekend
I hadn’t been hurrying on this either, but now I sort of am. I want to wear it before it gets too warm!
In the meantime I’ve had a couple of secret projects going, and I’ve been working on socks. It would probably do me good to do a WIP roundup every month or so, just so I don’t forget all that I have on the needles.