My mom’s birthday was yesterday, and the Ms. Redjeans fitting was a success.
I’ll bind off the body where it is, add 6.5 inches to the sleeves, do the button band, and we’ll be good to go.
You’ll also notice that she’s wearing Red Light Special. Attentive readers will recall that I started it just over a year agoin hopes of finishing it for her LAST birthday. Heh.
It took me so long because I was embarassed of how it was turning out. It isn’t horrible, but it isn’t as good as I’d like it to be. I almost didn’t give it to her, because I felt badly giving a project that I wasn’t happy with. She seemed to like it though, which was nice.
You can tell that it’s wonky in the above picture, but it was even worse before blocking.
The top motif of squares provides an interesting lesson in yarn dominance. Clearly the light gray is dominant in the bottom portion of the motif, when it looks better if the pattern color is dominant.
In the middle of that squares motif I started holding the pattern yarn in my left hand, and holding the background yarn in my right hand like I usually do. It seems to have made an improvement, even when the technique was very new to me. I’ll practice knitting with the yarn in my left hand before I start my 2008 Eunny Fair Isle Fest. I might make another Red Light Special.