In honor of Halloween/Day of the Dead I made my sister this skull garland. It’s pretty fricken rad if I may say so myself.
I started with the Day of the Dead Crochet Skull pattern by Darlene Harris. I added an extra round of single crochet to make the jaw area more solid, which you can see in the yellow skull on the left.
Using black, I chained 20 then did single crochet around the bottom edge, ending across from where I had attached the black. I chained 15, then single crocheted around the bottom edge of the second skull. And so on. Next, I chained 20 and then single crocheted along the top edge of the skull. I chained 15 and single crocheted along the top edge of the second skull. And so on. This is why there are two strings connecting the skulls. To finish, I used a hot iron and some Niagara spray starch on the skulls only (not the strings connecting them).
Each skull took about 1/5 of a ball of Sugar ‘n Cream, so it was a VERY affordable project.
Caroline says she loves it!